We are inquiring for a Technical Writer. Candidate must be able to pass a government background check. The salary will be based on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes healthcare, pension program, paid time off (PTO) and federal holidays. Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team are highly important to our company.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information.
- Comprehends technology by observing production and use; interviewing engineers and designers, studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications, parts lists, mock-ups, samples, etc.
- Prepares outline by organizing materials.
- Completes outline by composing language for nontechnical consumers.
- Verifies comprehension of technology and composition by testing description and instructions.
- Obtains approval of interpretation by submitting draft for approval.
- Maintains resource of technical writing by filing publications.
- Completes projects by coordinating with agencies and typing and printing services.
- Supports development of speeches, articles and news releases by preparing technical descriptions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Deadline- Oriented, Independence, Research Skills, Organization, Attention to Detail, Technical Understanding, Word Processing, Analyzing Information, Help Authoring Tools, Technical Documentation, Administrative Writing Skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 5 years of experience in related field
- Career Level Required: Experienced (Non-Manager)